Full-time, 24-month appointment jointly in the Department of Geography and the Institute for Great Lakes Research (IGLR). The initial appointment will be for two years; continuation of the appointment is subject to funding and contingent upon satisfactory performance review. The successful candidate will conduct research mainly at the CMU main campus in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. The position includes some funding for travel and research.
- To develop an independent research agenda focused on regional sustainable regional development of the Great Lakes region. Examples of this include, but are not limited to, the drivers of changes in mobility within the region, the economic and social impact of policies affecting the regional ecosystems, modelling the economic impact of blue growth initiatives.
- To work on current research developed by Dr. Marcello Graziano, mainly on blue and green growth policies in the Great Lakes and other coastal regions across the North Atlantic.
- To work on research developed by or in collaboration with members of IGLR and the Department of Geography.
- An earned Ph.D. granted within the past six years.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in an area of Great Lakes Research. Examples include, but are not limited to: economic geography, regional studies, green and/or blue growth, resource economics.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.