Within the current call, successful applicants will be hosted at ICTA in its sustainable building (Leed-Gold) on the UAB campus, Bellaterra (Barcelona, Spain) and will develop their Ph.D. training in one of the seven projects detailed below:
- Climate change and the Spanish agricultural sector. Water requirements and water availability, Are they compatible?. Supervisors: Gonzalo Gamboa and David Saurí.
- Causes of deforestation in the Western Amazon in the context of REDD+indígena and Climate Change. Supervisors: Antoni Rosell, Martí Orta-Martínez and Joan Martinez-Alier.
- Integrated modeling of human response to natural climate change. Supervisors: Eric Galbraith and Jeroen van den Bergh.
- Local Indicators of Climate Change. Supervisors: Victoria Reyes-Garcia and Graham Mortyn.
- Biological implications and economic values of changes in relevant Iberian insects due to climate change. Supervisors: Victor Sarto i Monteys and Jeroen van den Bergh.
- Impacts of Climate Change (CC) on Human Health (HH). Supervisors: Graham Mortyn, Panagiota Kotsila and Víctor Sarto i Monteys.
- Assessing systemic effects of the Paris climate agreement that undercut its effectiveness. Supervisors: Jeroen van den Bergh and Isabelle Anguelovski.
Click on each project weblink for further information on the projects and the specific Ph.D. profile.